Manicure of the Week - OPI Mariah Carey Winter Holiday Collection - Liquid Sand "Silent Stars Go By".

OPI Mariah Carey Winter Holiday Collection Silent Stars Go By Liquid Sand Nailpolish
After having dark nail polish on for months now I needed some change and I was debating wether going for just a nice nude like "Tickle My France-Y" or a darker nude like "You Don't Know Jacques!".
Theeeen I found this beautiful thing and I am in l.o.v.e.
First I thought I was going to annoy myself to death with the liquid sand texture, and yes it was a bit weird the first hours, but now I don't mind it at all!



This is the polish "Silent Stars Go By" ($7.95) a liquid sand texture from the Mariah Carey Winter Holiday Collection (2013 Limited Edition). I have a few other shades from this collection too, but there's at least 5-6 more shades that I want also. Especially now after becoming this huge liquid sand fan! This collection has several liquid sand shades.

OPI Mariah Carey Winter Holiday Collection Silent Stars Go By Liquid Sand Nailpolish

As I am really bad at painting my nails this was a joy to apply, it has a wider (exclusive ProWide) brush than many of the other OPI polishes and it is just SO much easier. I don't know why all nail polishes has a wider brush??
Second the texture is different and it's easier to avoid making a mess somehow :) I managed a little mess anyway, but, let's see pass that please ;)

OPI Mariah Carey Winter Holiday Collection Silent Stars Go By Liquid Sand Nailpolish
OPI Mariah Carey Winter Holiday Collection Silent Stars Go By Liquid Sand Nailpolish

Another huge bonus: it dries quickly and doesn't need top coat - what a time saver for such a impatient nail polish lover like me :) Woohoo!
Downside: it is limited collection, and don't let me get into what I feel about limited collections. 

It doesn't show too well in my pictures but it's actually more pink. I would say a pink champagne with a lot of sparkles! Just the way it should be :) 
However, when I removed it it left my acrylic nails with glitter particles that was simply impossible to remove. That's not cool.

OPI Mariah Carey Winter Holiday Collection Silent Stars Go By Liquid Sand Nailpolish


Well, over all I am just loving this! And so perfect for the holidays :)


What do you think of sparkly nails?

Have you tried Liquid Sand?


xxoo Karla // Miss Delirium

4 comments

  1. Wow that is quite a bold colour. Perfect for the holiday season

    The Koalafornian x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow,so amazing beautiful...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE LOVE LOVE sparkly nails <3
    I really want to try this now!

    xx abitgraceful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete