REVIEW ~ THE BODY SHOP Bronzing products & brushes

I've spent my weekend at my bf's cottage. A beautiful place by the coast.
Sadly it was raining most of the time, so I didnt get to enjoy the sun or swim or anything. But we went to a shoppingmall nearby and look what I got myself! :) I'm really satisfied and since I'm obsessed with glow/glitter/shimmer products, these are perfect:)

All products are from THE BODY SHOP.
I lovvve products from The Body Shop, and as I love animals more than anything there's a BIG plus that they are against animal testing!!
Theyre also very focused on enviroment/our planet in general and fair trade/human rights, which i guess is a plus for people whos into that kinda stuff;)



Read more about The Body Shop's Values & Campaigns here.



Another thing I think is important, hi-hi, their creams/bodybutters/oils/soap/bodylotions etc. ALWAYS smell (and sometimes tastes too) wonderful!
Mango Bodybutter - alltime favourite ;)


Well, over to what I got, mMmmMmm can't wait to try everything on! :D





The Body Shop BLUSH & HIGLIGHTER Duo Palette - #01 Petal.

From the Baked-To-Last-Colors Collection.

*Swatches coming soon*
A 2 in 1 product, blush & highlighter. Such lovely colors! Don't you think?

This one really gives you a shimmery look, just the way I want it ;) But don't put on too much tho', and don't brush to hard, it could easily become "white" if you apply too much.

The pink color is also highly pigmented, so you don't need much on your brush when applying :)
I usually blend them in together:)

You could get it in one shade brighter where the pink is more like a peachy/coral color (also a yummi color!) But I chose this one because I intend to have such a dark tan that the peach/coral wont be enough as I want the pink shade to shine through;)

- Handmade and supposed to last up to eight hours.









The Body Shop BRONZER - #01 Golden Bronze.


From the Baked-To-Last-Colors Collection. 

*Swatches coming soon*
Bronzer that gives you a nice tan/color and the shimmerparticles really leaves your skin soft touched, glowing and glittery :)

The bronzer consists of three shades that are swirled togheter to make that bright/dark glow.

- Handmade and supposed to last up to eight hours.






















The Body Shop BRONZING POWDER - #04
*Swatches coming soon*

Pressed bronzing powder with a hint of shimmerparticles.

Helps you get an even naturallooking tan, actually leaves your face a bit matte. Which I think is great since I use all of these other shimmerproducts!

Nice packaging, bronze and shiny box with mirror inside.


























The Body Shop TINTED GLOW ENCHANCER - #01.

Pure foundation-like shimmercream.
I use this mostly on my cheekbones, maybe a bit on my nose and under my eyebrows.

The color is not as light/white as shown in the photo, it's more like a very, very, light caffe latte, if you know what I mean?
But when it blends onto the skin it turns more pearlwhite. I guess because of all the shimmerparticles.

Be aware not to use too much if you've already applied bronzing powder/blusher etc. as the glow enchancer would not blend in well enough and end up looking quite white.
Could be used as a primer before applying e.g. bronzing powder/blusher/etc to set the powders, be careful to get rid of all excess powder before applying as it otherwise would be hard to blend in and leaves you with a brown spot on your face ;)








































The Body Shop BRUSHES - Face & Body Brush, Eyeshadow Blender.
These brushes are SUPERsoft just like silk! They're firstclass alternative to brushes made out of animalhair - its syntethic and therefore animalfriendly!
Makes it easy to apply make-up and the handles fits your hands perfectly.

Face & Body Brush - Big and round brush for applying powders in all forms to your face and e.g neck.
Eyeshadow Blender Brush - Full and flexible brush, perfect for working with your shadows and to even out the color.

I'm very satisfied with these two, I've already got one of the kabukibrushes for loose mineral bronzing powder. The brush itself is wonderful, just like these two, supersoft and everything, but I did not think that one made the applying of the loose powder as easy as these two.

























The Body Shop SHIMMERING DRY OIL - #01 Honey Kissed.
From the Honey Bronze Collection.  




*Swatches coming soon*
Okay, first of all, nevermind that I wrote "SIMMERING DRY OIL" and not "SHIMMERING DRY OIL" - normally I would have changed this, but I didnt see it until now and ...gah I would have to make the whole damn thing all over again from scratch (takes 1,5 minutes, but anywaaaay;)

Light and moisturising dry oil that gives you a shimmering tan look, great to apply on legs, arms and actually your whole body!
- Special ingredient: honey.

Some of you probably remember that I just bought the Guerlain Terracotta Dry Oil, why would I need a product thats just the same?

Well, you see.. I just couldnt resist! ;) I also thought that this one's a bit cheaper (about half the price of what I paid for Guerlain) so it would be great if its somewhat as good as Guerlain! Because I cant continue buying all those expensive stuff all the time..
The scent of this product is almost the same, but Guerlains better. But this one actually gives you more color, which I think is a big plus.
Which ones the best? I dont know yet, I'll come up with a review and compare the two products later :)




[EDIT] New post with SWATCHES of these products

“DO YOU HAVE A FAVORITE BODY SHOP PRODUCT?”

9 comments

  1. lovely lovely blog :)

    defiantly following you.

    follow me if you like on...

    www.lemonworldmute.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that blush and highlighter duo. So pretty~!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I`m a big fan of TBS mango butter too. You got great stuff. The honey dry SIMMERING oil sounds great lol
    My latest post:
    http://pandorasssbox.blogspot.com/2011/07/miss-dior-cherie.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reply:

    That's okay hun, you're not spamming my blog at all =)

    I am currently on Disqus and it allows me to see replies on my account if we both have Disqus. Disqus has been working well for me but I know for others, it is not the most functional and practical system.

    I don't mind you replying on my blog. I do sometimes revisit fellow blog posts to see replies to me. So its totally up to you, either way, most of the time I will get the reply ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your nice comment ! I love tbs products too ! xoxo

    ReplyDelete