Greek Frappe Recipe

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

One of my favorite things about Greece is the coffee. Ice coffee. Frappe.. Cappuccino Freddo.. But that´s another story, let me show you how to make a Frappe first :)

It´s  ridiculously simple, and it´s really just water and instant coffee!
Who would have thought I would love instant coffee like that...
The instant coffee that are used is the Nescafe Classic, it looks like this:



This is actually bought in Greece, we had to buy something because the coffeemaker in our apartment didn´t work. I thought it was the same as I get at home, I just thought the design was slightly different because of the "Frappe" picture on it. That´s really a Greek thing. But no, this is not available in Norway, and I read somewhere that it´s not in the UK either?
Anyway, we have the Nescafe Original - it´s the same red cup on the picture. I don´t know if it´s the same? I tasted it the other day and I felt it tasted different..
Well, I still have something left in this can so I´m just gonna enjoy it as long as it lasts ;-)
....Ehm, I guess my point was supposed to be that you can use the Nescafe Original - if the Classic is not available where you live;)

OK, over to the recipe! It super simple and soooo good :)


YOU WILL NEED:

- 1 - 1.1/2 teaspoons Nescafe Classic.
- 1 - 2 (depends on how sweet you prefer your frappe) teaspoons sugar.
- 3 icecubes. 
- Cold water to fill your tall glass.
- Some milk if you like.
- Milk frother.

If you don´t have a milk frother, you can use a mix master. In Greece they have a own frappe mixer.
I bought this frother at IKEA and it´s was like $2 // under £2. It´s not the best quality either though, but it works just fine:)




(1.) Start by putting your Nescafe and sugar in a tall glass.
(2.) Add very little water, only 1 - 1.1/2 teaspoons.

In Norway we use regular tap water, so I keep a bottle in the fridge so it´s always nice and cool:)

1. Start frothing until it´s solid, you can do a test by tilting the glass upside down, the froth shall not drip.
2. Add your ice, I feel 3 ice cubes is enough. You wouldn´t want it to water out your coffee!
3. Add more water, now you´re gonna fill your glass up. Stir while doing it.
4. It is not necessary, but you can add some milk if you want:) Gives it a rounder taste. But it´s just as nice without the milk!



And there you have a delicious Frappe perfect for hot summer days, or nights, or whenever you like! But it´s not a secret that it´s extremely perfect at the beach ;-)
Easy peasy!!!
Remember to stir while enjoying it, yummmmm :)
I´ll show you how to make a Cappuccino Freddo as soon as I manage to make a perfect one myself ^^



Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments

  1. ahh! i am forever buying frappes!! thanks for sharing this! so need to try it out!

    love your blog! new follower!

    come and check out mine if you'd like to

    http://zaras-bowsandpearls.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing this! I love frappes, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is sooo easy, thank you for sharing. Really helpful review and I bet it tastes great!

    Now following you and hoping you will stop by on my blog soon.


    Tia
    xxx

    www.bellezzababe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tagged you in the Liebster award and I would love it if you did it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karla,

    We've got Frappe here in Bulgaria and it's really delicious and perfect for summer!

    I like your blog very much and I nominated it for the Liebster Award. You can see all about it here: http://www.thestylecollagist.com/2013/09/the-liebster-award-nomination.html#more

    xx
    Galina
    http://www.thestylecollagist.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg that's so cool! and in a way funny... because i got back from greece a week ago. i also bought myself the exact same nescafe classic. i know how to do the normal coffee of course... but i was always wondering how to make the frappe! thank you so much:))
    i had a frappe everyday when i was in greece haha.

    lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete