Maybelline Brow Satin Filling Powder Duo

 
I've been a Anastasia Brow Wiz addict for a long time now and it's a constant repurchase of mine. Recently my local drugstore stopped carrying it and my only options is to either drive for 30-40 minutes to buy it in another store or order it online and get it after a week of waiting. I don't prefer any of those options as I am a person who lives in the moment. If I want or need something, I want it right now. 

 
I could be super organized and go buy new makeup before I actually run out of it, I mean you normally see when your powder or foundation is almost finished and when the brow pen is 1 mm short.. but no, I´m that kind of person who pray to God while drawing my brows with that empty brow pen just hoping it will last me that ONE LAST TIME. And then I have to go get a new one.
I´ve been searching for a good dupe for the Anastasia Brow Wiz, first of all I love a good dupe, and second it would be awesome to have a cheaper alternative!
NYX came out with their "Micro Brow Pen", which is supposed to be a good dupe, but I need to order that one online, and you know how I feel about that if I want it right now
And then I found this! I´m not quite sure it is a good dupe, but it is certainly a good alternative!

Retractable Tip

Maybelline Brow Satin Filling Powder Duo has a retractable fine tip pencil in the one end and a self loading powder sponge applicator in the other. It´s unlike anything I've seen before and its one of the reasons why it attracted me amongst the regular brow pens.
I liked the similarities to Anastasia´s Brow Wiz as of the fine retractable tip, and the possibilities of fading and blending with the sponge application. I didn´t understand until after a few times of use that it is actually a self loading powder sponge, my first thoughts was that it was simply for fading/blending.
 

Quick Application

I think it does a wonderful job on filling in my brows and it makes application quick. It has a dry matte finish and the powder is not too pigmented - so it´s hard to overdo. It also has no powder fall out, which is a huge plus in my book! That would be way to messy for my taste

Lasting Power

The sponge does not work too well for me in the case of fading/blending for a ombre look, so I still use my Anastasia spoolie to do that.
I got the color that I though would match my "brunette" the best, medium brown - it is a soft neutral brown and is actually perfect for me!
My only con (and it´s a huge one) on this so far is the lasting power... Compared to Brow Wiz, it simply does not last as long. Especially not on the tail of my brows, which is the most crucial points on my brows. 

I simply CANNOT go around worrying about my brows during ANY God given day or night.
"Are my brows in place?" "HAVE THEY FADED?" "Are my BROWS SMUDGED?!" "Oh Lord be with me please tell me my brows are OK" I cannot do that, I am not blessed with full natural brows and I need my brow pens to do that for me. And when it´s done, it´s done, I´m not supposed to question if my brows are still pretty or not.
It´s usually not a problem for me, but I felt a little of this concern while wearing Maybelline Brow Satin. I will give it a few more chances, just because I liked it so much!

Have you tried this Brow product? What are your thoughts on it?
Leave me a comment down below and let me know!



No comments